Small Farms Network Capital Region COVID-19 Safety Plan
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR PEOPLE ATTENDING EVENTS
The Small Farms Network Capital Region is committed to the safety of staff, presenters, volunteers and participants. We ask you to read this guide before you attend a field day or workshop.
Before the event
Stay at home if you are unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19, have visited a high risk COVID-19 area in the two weeks before the event or have been in contact with a confirmed case. You can check your symptoms on line at the Australian Government Heath Direct website . If you have paid for a ticket and can no longer attend, you will be offered a refund.
Be prepared to bring your own – food, water bottle, chair, pens and paper. Catering will not be provided at some events.
On the day
Hygiene and cough etiquette
- Please wash or sanitise your hands when you arrive and frequently throughout the day.
- Handshaking and touching are discouraged.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and face.
- Cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing with a clean tissue or your elbow. Put used tissues straight into the bin. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Mask wearing is encouraged and supported if you choose to use one. You can bring your own mask.
- Physical distancing is encouraged. Maintain a minimum of 1.5 metres between you and other people.
Registration and contact tracing
Cleaning and safety
- All staff, volunteers, presenters and participants will sign in using the Jot Form provided by email before the event or manual attendance form. Contactless registration using the Jot Form is preferred. The records are only used for contact tracing and will be destroyed after 28 days.
- If you test positive to COVID-19 (up to 14 days) after the event please give the co-ordinator's contact details to the contact tracing team. You can do this by email or phone. The Co-ordinator's phone number will be provided on the day.
- Participants will be sent a OH&S and health declaration form before the event to fill out online.
- A COVID-19 Safety Officer is appointed for each event. This person will assist with cleaning and sanitising any equipment.
- No catering or drinks are provided for events under two hours. Participants are asked to bring their own water and snacks. The provision of food at longer events events will be on a case by case basis and there will be no self-service food or drink.
You can read the full Small Farms Network Capital Region COVID-19 risk assessment here.